Tentative Date: April 3rd, 2021 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
at Burba Lake Ft. Meade MD
Note the date is dependent on COVID status and the availability of hosting the event on Post.
* Event is free of charge and open to the public.
* Ft. Meade Visitor Access rules are in affect. All non-DoD card holders require preregistration to access the base.
Contact our Executive Board for preregistration information by March 15th: Executives@MeadeRodandGun.org
* Registration begins at 8 a.m. in the Burba Lake Cottage (Bldg 4424) on the day of the event.
* The event is open to all kids ages three to fifteen; there are three age groups (3-6, 7-11, and 12-15).
* Fish weigh-ins will be available from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. (Noon).
* Food will be available for sale all day and we encourage families to enjoy lunch with us from 12 p.m. (noon) to 1 p.m. in the Burba Lake Cottage.
* Prizes will be awarded at 1 p.m. in the Burba Lake Cottage.
* Medals will be awarded in each age group for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
* Trophies will be awarded for largest fish (open to all age groups) and smallest fish (for only the 3-6 age group).
* Bait (corn) will be provided for all participants, if they don‛t have their own.
* Limited number of fishing gear will be available for purchase, but participants are asked to bring their own fishing gear if possible.
* Maryland Fishing Regulations are in affect.